Monday, July 03, 2006

System.out.println("Hello World");

Right then starting my proper blog. The one held by micro$oft is being reserved for the irrelevant side of life, There policy of "following" the correct web standards has also helped with that decision as it is impossible to access via Firefox or on a Linux system, as they "apparently" don't support the html in it ??? Where as I see this as a good way of self promotion. With information on my current projects and important ;-) observations on life.

Firstly got my exam results back. Slacked a little in my second year with the average grades dropping slightly. But all but one is still on the correct side of 70%, the one below is at 69% Damm. But I'm still on line for a 1st so who cares.

I'm now back in the world of "work" having kindly been given a undergrad research bursery from the nuffield foundation. The cogent research group has me working with wireless sensor networks. Implementing some routing algorithms in SenSor their WSN simulation software. Its now week 3 and the real work has started implementing the Rumor routing algorithm. The first couple of weeks I spent learning the software, and managed to get my own protocol up and running. Loosely based on RIP there's too much overhead for WSN but it helped me learn the ropes on both SenSor and Python.

My python "infinite Monkey Simulator" is getting off the ground, hopefully some time soon I will get the net code nailed and turn it into a true distributed app. Then we can see what those monkeys can write. Currently the keyboard presses are at random, which may not be right, If you happen to know any monkey psychologists who can help let me know.

Other projects in various places on the back burner are :-
Clio Cup mod for R-Factor. The physics and external modeling is done. I just got a new "trial" of 3DS Max. So I can get back on with the modeling. Once I finish the cockpit its will be ready for beta testing.

Modeling projects. As well as the car there are various modeling projects in states of disarray. The Tardis is build but needs proper texturing, The time tunnel works but needs tweaking to look anything like the BBC's

3d Engine. Yeah decided to write one of these too. Got DX SDK, Got .NET, haven't got the time. Eventually I will start on it Creating a model viewer for the aforementioned models. Should be good fun.

Till next time, This is Dan, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

No comments: