Friday, July 07, 2006

The Banking system

Why is it that banks are only open during business hours ? Surely all the people you want coming into banks (Like those earning money) are actually working during this time and therefore cannot go to see their "Friendly" manager. So they can pay in or withdraw some of that money they have worked so hard to earn.

Opening between 9 and 5 means that the only people you are likely to get with time on their hands are those that surely would be "Bad" customers for banks ie. Students, Layabouts, wastrels, vagrants, Vagabonds, malingering sods, and the workshy. If I owned a financial establishment I would have guards armed with 50000 MegaHurtz Tazers to keep such people away. Surely the only thing they can do is remove money from you. Giving you nothing to invest to make the shareholders happy.

perhaps it is something to do with the banks not actually wanting you to be in credit. Preferring instead to loan the aforementioned people vast amounts of money that they can ill afford. Quite where this money comes from in the first place is anyone's guess. But we know they rub their hands when they get to take your house in repayment for that "any purpose loan" that's interest repayments are more than your annual salary. I suppose that its easy money and that's why they keep the finantially savvy out by restricting their access.

Thinking of Debt. The UK is apparently in $7,107,000,000,000 worth of Debt (Source: The CIA) If ocean Finance paid off our Debt we would owe a $902,589,000,000 a year in interest Giving us just 7 years before we were back to Square 1 (And that's not compound interest). Be interesting to see them try and reposes the UK though. In fact the same website says that the World Debt is a Staggering $38,540,000,000,000 That is a incredible amount of money. Firstly where the hell has the money come from ? Secondly to whom is it owed ? Having not (to the best of my knowledgeable though it is the CIA website ;-) made contact with extra terrestial loan sharks it means somewhere something which I cannot understand.

You see I can lend you a fiver (if I have one, which I would if I could pay in my cheque so don't even ask) Which makes you in 5 pounds in debt to me. There is still balance in the force as my money hasn't magically disappeared it has just been relocated temorarilay. If I don't have the money to lend you then I could possibly borrow some (though I'm more likely to tell you to go forth) meaning I become a link in this relocation chain. The money still exists and is still the same amount. No body should be able to lend more than they actually have. The debt should just work its way up the chain till there is no more.

So where has this extra debt come from ????? Its either someone has been very creative with the accounting, Aliens or the Banks.

Answers on a postcard to the ususall address

No comments: