Friday, February 02, 2007

Work, and bit torrent

Well, Its been some time since i posted here. Problem is that i have been snowed under with work, far too much of the stuff but its been enjoyable leaning all sorts of cool new stuff.

Anyway I feel its time for a rant.

Now i seem to spend a inordinate amount of time on the computer (just as the wife) especially now as deadlines come up. Unfortunately it never seems to be doing stuff like this, i don't have the time to write into my blog. Damm unless i start thunderbird i can go days without checking my e-mail, It just doesn't cross my mind.

So why cant i download simple html pages from time to time. One member of my household has decided to download the entire Internet via torrents. I don't want to get into a argument about p2p software, i rarely use it but what the hell, if someone wants to listen to the odd album then wheres the problem especially if they treat it as a trial and buy it if they like it. What does bother me is when i ask my flatmate what hes downloading and he replies Queen. he doesn't mean greatest hits, but the entire discography including those weird japan only singles releases.
What irks me even more is the aforementioned downloaded then has the cheek to moan that the Internet is slow. Turning the router off and breaking my connection to the python website.

No comments: